If your vehicle vanishes from public property, call Washtenaw Metro Dispatch (734-994-2911) to find out if it was towed. Redeem your vehicle as soon as possible. Approved towing companies are open 24/7, and storage fees accumulate on a daily basis, regardless of the reason your vehicle was towed.

If your vehicle has been towed from private property, the city has no involvement. Locate the owner or the sign posted on the property and call the tow company directly.

If your vehicle is impounded for unpaid parking tickets, you must pay those fines as well as the towing company’s charges before your vehicle is released. Bring your driver’s license, vehicle registration, and payment to the police front desk (on the 2nd floor of the Ann Arbor Justice Center, 301 E. Huron).

To contest the city’s towing of your vehicle, or the reasonableness of the towing and impound fees, contact the 15th District Court for a petition form: (734) 794-6752. The court is on the 4th floor of the Ann Arbor Justice Center, 301 E. Huron. There will be a $75 filing fee.