Social distancing approved
by Ella Bourland and Maggie McMillin
From the March, 2020 issue
Although many in-person events have been put on hiatus, there are still community-supported activities that you can enjoy while social distancing. Please reference the daily calendar (AnnArborObserver.com
Livestreamed performances from many local musicians and venues.
- Consult your favorite musician's social media pages for more information.
- Kerrytown Concert House "Live @ the 415." Facebook.com
- Blue Llama Jazz Club. Facebook.com
- On the Tracks Songwriter Showcase. Facebook.com
Theater, Opera, and Dance
The University Musical Society may be shut down, but some of the organizations whose live broadcast it has been bringing to town are rebroadcasting their shows for free online.
- Metropolitan Opera nightly full-length productions TBA. 7:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m. every day or so (each production is available for a period of 23 hrs.). MetOpera.org
- National Theatre (London) weekly full-length plays TBA. 3 p.m., every Fri. (each production is available for a period of 1 week). YouTube.com
Talks & Lectures
- U-M Art School's popular Penny Stamps Speaker Series, has both pre-recorded and livestreamed lectures by artists from around the world. Stamps.umich.edu
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute has free livestreamed lectures. Olli-umich.org
- DIY crafting videos. AADL.org
eBook & audiobook database. AADL.org
- Online galleries from the U-M libraries, featuring everything from children's books to 19th-century fashion. Lib.umich.edu
- The U-M Kelsey Museum Of Archaeology's digitized exhibitions. LSA.umich.edu
- Michigan & State Theater offers movie suggestions and discussion forums. MichTheater.org
- Puzzle-based online kids game Bummer Game. Play.AADL.org
- Livestreamed library storytimes. AADL.tv
Local parks and trails are open from sunrise to sunset.
- City of Ann Arbor parks, trails, and nature areas. Full list of locations available at a2gov.org
- Nichols Arboretum
- U-M Matthaei Botanical Garden trails
- Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy's properties, including the Pittsfield Stream Corridor (1130 W. Textile Rd.)
- U-M Public Field Research sites, including Saginaw Preserve (3900 W Liberty Rd) & Stinchfield Woods (9401 Stinchfield Woods Rd, Pinckney)
- Pittsfield Preserve (south side of Textile Rd., west of Platt Rd.)
- Washtenaw County Parks & Recreation nature preserves. Full list of locations available at Washtenaw.org
You might also like:
The Wuhan coronavirus is novel, but don't forget the flu.
Title Nine Opens in Kerrytown
Clothes for sporty women
|Sports, Dancing, Nature, & Recreation|
He who has ears to hear
Elixir Vitae Serves Its Last Cup
A homey coffeeshop closes its doors.
Restaurants with Delivery Available
A clickable zoomable map
|Subscribe to the Ann Arbor Observer|
|Music: Pop, Rock, Jazz, Blues, & Traditional|