Godfrey Moving and Storage
The third was moving the contents of the high school from what later became the Frieze Building to the new high school on West Stadium in the spring of 1956. With the help of students, they made the move in one weekend.
After selling the business, Creal was free to devote all his energies to politics. He had already served on the city council and the charter commission. He ran for mayor, won, and served from 1959 to 1965.
The new owners of the moving business, the Stevens brothers of Saginaw, signed two ten-year leases for use of the property--the building from Loretta Jacobs and the truck lot from Cecil Creal. After the leases ran out, the company moved to South Industrial Highway, and the warehouse building was rented to dba Lilac antiques. In 1977 it was sold to the partners who were developing Kerrytown, renovated, and rented to Workbench Furniture. Joe O'Neal became the sole owner in 1982 and built the three-story atrium that connects it with the rest of Kerrytown.